[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Racing Fuel Systems • View topic - Old school 950 convert

Old school 950 convert

Old school 950 convert

Postby HardcoreB » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Some time ago I got a pair of first design Proform '750' bodies. I had a guy helping me and bought the complementing parts from him e.g-Metering blocks, bowls, boosters, bleeds etc. I bought genuine Holley '850' baseplates LONG ago and am using them for this pair. I feel confident in his suggestions. I thought I did a thorough job detailing everything well HOWEVER, recently I read that there are idle passages in the baseplate/gasket that need 'blending'. Can I get a pic that shows the passages that need modification?
Attachments
SR485Bjuly.gif
HardcoreB

Re: Old school 950 convert

Postby RFSPHPbb » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:44 pm

lay a baseplate gasket on the mainbody and then on the baseplate. the difference is pretty obvious once you see it.
RFSPHPbb
Site Admin

Postby jmarkaudio » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:45 pm

You want to get an 850 base gasket and mark the idle feed hole on the body. Then slot the body to match the holes. No pictures available, I''ll see what I can do.
jmarkaudio

Postby HardcoreB » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

So, over the Christmas break I pulled the carbs and tore the bodies apart. YES the misalignment is obvious. After I ran into a post recently about this conversion, I don't remember specifically checking for the modification. However, when I built these the slot modifications WERE ALREADY THERE. So, I didn't notice any misalignments. These particular bodies APPEAR to be made this way from PROFORM because there is the 'yellow-green' tint yet inside the machined slots. I could sleep well again after this verification/better safe than...LOL
HardcoreB

Postby jmarkaudio » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:52 pm

It's possible they were slotted at casting, I don't recall ever seeing one. Any pictures?
jmarkaudio

Postby HardcoreB » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Attachments
H850bbut.jpg
HardcoreB

Return to Holley