[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Racing Fuel Systems • View topic - MAB effect on main circuit

MAB effect on main circuit

Re: MAB effect on main circuit

Postby Right hand drive » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:47 am

Right hand drive

Postby CDN » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:06 pm

CDN

Postby GTO Geoff » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:55 pm

RHD,
You are still missing the point. And that point was quite clear in the H book & numerous others about how the AB size controls the start of the fuel fuel. How much fuel flows after that is another story. I don't have any argument with the rest of your comment.

The simple fact is that there IS air mixed with the fuel when the MAB size allows the start up of the main system. It is NOT solid fuel.
I suggest you buy John Passini's Weber book, ISBN 9781855207592. He has forgotten more than the rest will ever know. Go to p.32. Where he says this [ in part ]:
'With a further increase in gas speed through the venturi, the depression caused will begin to lift fuel in the well....'
GTO Geoff

Postby Right hand drive » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:21 pm

Right hand drive

Postby GTO Geoff » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:01 am

And nowhere did I say solid/liquid fuel flows. It is a mixture of air + fuel, air from the MAB.

Don't know how many examples are needed to show that MAB size controls WHEN the main system start, but here is another one from Dave Emanuel, Carter Carb books. I do not think all these people can be wrong....

' ..the function of an AB is not to solely emulsify fuel. It also exerts control over fuel flow by "bleeding'' [ italics in original ] off some of the suction force or metering signal.....By varying the size of the AB, the amount of suction [ vacuum] reqd to start fuel flow can be altered. As bleed size is enlarged, the vacuum reqd to initiate flow flow is increased. Conversely a reduction in AB size reduces vacuum signal requirements & fuel flow is more easily initiated.'
GTO Geoff

Postby jmarkaudio » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:33 am

At 2000 RPM you are on the transition circuit. Idle feed and idle air bleed affect this range.
jmarkaudio

Postby GTO Geoff » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:32 am

Did you try a larger IAB?
GTO Geoff

Postby Rat Bastid » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:41 am

A bigger MAB a will START the mains sooner. Taylor covered this in his book. What the Ulrich book says doesn’t supersede the Taylor book.

At low air speeds the MAB acts like an emulsion bleed and starts the mains sooner.

If anyone is that concerned about it, I can look up the page and post it so it can be read.
Rat Bastid

Postby 440Duster » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:45 am

I wouldn’t mind giving it a read.
440Duster

Postby Rat Bastid » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:46 am

Ok, I’ll look it up and post it.
Rat Bastid

PreviousNext

Return to Holley